I thought I’d share with you some of the best advice I’ve ever gotten – in no particular order. Most of it I took reluctantly and now that I look back, my God am I glad to did!
The one time I chose to disregard a piece of sound advice, it resulted in the above photograph. I guess I just needed to learn that lesson the hard way.
2. Don’t drop French.
3. Dream BIG.
4. Always wear nice underwear.
5. Your natural hair is always what is perfectly suited for you – don’t try to fight it.
6. Get a drivers license.
7. Wear sunscreen.
8. The things you’re scared of can be the most rewarding – just TRY.
9. Be kind to all people and things.
10. Get a university degree; at the very least it will make you an interesting dinner party guest.
11. A clean home is a happy home.
12. Stop waiting for the future and appreciate where you are NOW.
13. Do what you want and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
*I’d like to thank my parents, teachers, Oma and Dr.Seuss for all their words of wisdom. You have all saved my ass at one point or another.