Rebel Mama reb.el.ma.ma (noun.)
- A trail-blazing, no-nonsense, multifaceted woman who happens to be the mother of one or more children.
- A woman who endeavors to expand the generally accepted, traditional definition of motherhood.
Still looking for a little clarification? Well keep on reading and discover the 16 things that make a mom a #rebelmama.
- She recognizes that being a mother, a daughter, a sister, a wife, an aunt, a girlfriend, a professional, an artist are all part of being a woman and she prides herself on the effort she puts into being the best she can be at all aspects of womanhood.
- She has her own unwavering signature style.
- She recognizes the importance of loving herself and takes the time to do things to honour both her body and soul.
- She adores her child(ren) and wants their lives to be rich with experiences and filled to the brim with love.
- She is social and cherishes her time spent with her family, her partner, her friends, and her child(ren) equally.
- She stays true to herself in every decision she makes.
- She buys herself her own damn flowers.
- She pursues her interests and dreams (even though scheduling time for dream chasing is a bloody nightmare).
- She has an insatiable curiosity about the world around her.
- She believes in women supporting women and abhorres cattiness.
- She refuses to blindly follow parenting trends and instead chooses to blaze her own parenting trail.
- She is independant (sometimes to a fault).
- She looks at being a mother as a welcome extension to the woman she was before her children, not a complete transformation into a new being.
- She would rather have a conversation about ideas than one about people.
- She refuses to judge other mothers because she understands that everyone’s life experiences inform their parenting practices and no two can be exactly the same.
- She is always on the lookout for fellow #rebelmamas with whom she can share her woes and victories and hang onto for dear life as she navigates the uncertain terrain of motherhood.
I’m lucky enough to have a pretty extraordinary amount of #rebelmamas in my life – a couple of whose photos I’ve included in this article. But to all my rebels out there (and I know there’s lots of you), keep doing what you’re doing! You’re my kinda gal.