10 THINGS I’D RATHER DO THAN PLAY

I came across this article the other day about the importance of playing with our kids, even if we hate it. The author cites enjoying playing with her kids 90% of the time, and imagining a slow death the other 10%.

I call bullshit.

More like 40 / 60 if you wanna be real.

I know, I know… playing with your kids holds merit because studies show it nurtures a child’s confidence & decision making, and helps parents see things through their child’s eyes – making way for new ideas and even some old-school imagination. It’s also beautiful as hell to interact with your child and be fully immersed in something together, and those kinds of moments you should always savour because you’ll never get them back.

But FUCK. Sometimes playing with construction trucks after hours of work, just ain’t the kind of down time anyone is looking for. Not only is it boring, it’s also annoying and often literally the last thing you want to engage in.

So benefits aside, we’re still allowed to bitch about it right?

Here are 10 things I’d rather do than play with my kid:

1. JUGGLE KNIVES

2. CLEAN OUT THE BASEMENT

3. PICK OUT UNUSABLE LENTILS

4. STAB MY EYES OUT WITH TOOTHPICKS

5. UNCLOG THE TOILET

6. FLOSS MY  TEETH

7. GET A TRANSVAGINAL EXAM

8. CHUG WARM TEQUILA

9. HAVE THE STOMACH FLU

10. NAP

*REBEL MAMA HACK:

One toke while kiddo is busy with Marshall and his gang of pups and chances are you’ll come back into the house with a renewed sense of excitement about toddler-approved activities. My son and I built a bomb-ass Lego city thanks to a strain called Tom Ford. #bless

*

This article is dedicated to Jules.

*

Photo of young Kim Kardashian via @kimkardashian

If you like what we’re doing, join us on:
INSTAGRAMTWITTER, and FACEBOOK

Get your copy of:
THE REBEL MAMA’S HANDBOOK FOR (COOL) MOMS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s